Hi ~ I’m Charlene.
or, when Mom was upset: “Charlene Babette!”
or, to friends: “CharBabette”
I live in rural northeastern Oklahoma with my sweetheart of a man ~ we just celebrated 20 years of ‘wedded bliss’ (HA!) ~ where we’re soon going to be empty nesters after raising 3 children (and ourselves).
My childhood was interesting: at times, traumatic; at times, beautiful. I met Jesus at 9 years old ~ it was the.single.best.day of my life. That God-story and His childhood for me shaped who I am today: a nomad with roots and legacy.
My early adulthood was memorably fleeting: at times, turtle-paced and calm; at times, hare-paced and chaotic. Looking back on His-story of those days, I see Him along the way ~ unfortunately, too often on the sidelines ~ thankfully always there.
I just recently entered this 40s decade where I’m learning new stages of follower (He has MORE ~ so much more ~ available now) and mother (adult children!?!?) and daughter (parents get OLD!) and companion (we’re getting old together).
* I like to study His words
* I’m more political… and less conservative… than I thought
* this is NOT my favorite stage of parenting (some days I miss the terrible twos!)
* I really like to ~and CAN~ do that, like painting, crafting, off-roading, archiving
* His-story is memorable and beyond imagining and so much better than my story without Him
* legacy, both positive and negative, is sweet.
Please join me on Facebook ~ on Twitter ~ on Google+.